There are plenty of activities to keep you occupied, both close by and within 90 minutes drive, and we are the perfect base to explore this wonderful region of Limpopo. These activities include the Kruger National Park, cruising down the Olifants River, golf at the challenging Hans Merensky course, day trips to Gods Window, 3 Rondavels, Graskop and Pilgrims Rest, walking with lions, elephant back safari’s, micro light or balloon flights.
At the Lodge
- A gentle morning stroll along the river will relax your senses, or for the more energetic, bush walks are always exciting.
- Game drives provide guests with the opportunity to view the game from an open vehicle.
- Wildlife photographers paradise.
- Bird watchers can enjoy the abundance of birds in the natural bush.
- Star Spotting - Brilliant clear Southern Hemisphere night skies. See the Milky Way!
In the Surrounding Area
- Kruger National Park for day trips or overnight – Orpen and Phalaborwa Gates
- Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre -a tour on foot of the rehabilitation centre as well as contact with some of the animals eg: baby Rhino and Cheetah
- The Panorama Route – drive all along the edge of the Blyde River Canyon and visit spectacular view points, a variety of waterfalls and interesting historical and natural attractions.
- The Blyde Dam boat trip – one and a half hour boat trip on the Blyde Dam
- Bushwalks in Big 5 reserve
- Game drives in Big 5 reserve
- Micro Lights - Excursions or learn to fly.
- Drakensig Golf Club (9), Hoedspruit
- Hot Air Ballooning over the Bush
Eating out in the vicinity
- Three Bridges Restaurant and Pub
- Safari Club - restaurant at the Raptores View gate. (Hoedspruit)
- Hat and Creek- restaurant opposite Kamogelo Centre. (Hoedspruit)
- Sleepers - restaurant in the old station ticket office. (Hoedspruit)
- Cala la Pasta -Kamogelo Centre. For Italien food (Hoedspruit)
- O’Hagan’s - Kamogelo Centre (Hoedspruit)
- Kalimambo’s Pub & Sports bar. - Kamogelo Centre. (Hoedspruit)
- Cotton Club - Lunches and Dinner under the Drakensberg escarpment.
Is it safe on the outside of the Lodge ?
This is a wildlife area and a respect for wildlife must be adhered to. There are hippos and crocodiles in the river, so care must be exercised if you go outside at night
Is it expensive to self cater?
It is very reasonable to self cater and you benefit by having a complete lodge to yourselves and total flexibility to do what you like and when you like! All meats are excellent value and the choice is immense. Beef, Kudu, Giraffe, Warthog, Crocodile, Lamb, Pork etc etc…
What about other attractions. Are they good value?
Yes, the attractions in this area are priced for the South African domestic market mainly, so overseas visitors benefit. The Kruger National Park does charge overseas visitors more; ZAR 180 per person per day but this still represents excellent value.
Hoedspruit is a small tourism and agriculturally orientated town in the central Lowveld just outside the world famous Kruger National Park. Tourism facilities centre around Game Lodges, Safaris and other "Big 5" activities as well as birding, hikes, and exclusive "getaways". It is a growing town full of character and friendly people.